Wednesday, July 29, 2009

W.W.W. featuring Voodoo Kin Mafia and Matt Cappotelli

On Wednesdays, we here at LOL, Wresslin' like to really pull out the stops and offer up a double shot of righteously killer content. Why Wednesday? Well, we could impress you with market research, work habit studies, and human psychology tendencies to show you there's a scientific reason the middle of the week is the best time to bring your A-game. However, truth be told, we don't have any of that stuff and settled on Wednesday because that was the only day that didn't have any content scheduled.

So, here you have "Watch Wresslin' Wednesdays." Please feel free to suggest a better title, because we are woefully uncreative when it comes to naming stuff.


Better at naming stuff than us.


The idea of W.W.W. is we each send the other a video that is related to wrestling (a match, promo, interview, guest starring spot, etc.). The only restriction is that it cannot be user-created, so your poorly constructed debate over the merits of the new DX ain't gonna fly here, pal. Neither of us know what kind of video we're going to get that day.

After viewing, we each write a response. This could be anything we choose: a straight commentary, a philosophical enlightenment, or classless ridicule. Just as we don't know what kind of video the other will select, neither do we know what the other will write or how they will write it. What you end up with is a mash-up of styles, which in our book equates to two-blogs-in-one, and we can take the rest of the day off.


Adam's video to Matt - V.K.M. in Stamford



Matt's response...

So let me get this straight, Voodoo Kin Mafia - you want to rid the wrestling world of dumb skits by way of a dumb skit?


Did I get that right? And also weren't you two in WWE and particpated in several of these skits yourselves?

Ok, ok, I get it. You've turned a new leaf and that's cool. I can respect that.

This, I can't.

Anyway, when it comes to wrestling, I'm pretty much a frontrunner. I only watch WWE, and even within that, I only watch Raw (I don't want to hear how Smackdown is doing some creative stuff these days, either. I have better things to do on Friday night.)


So my finger isn't neccessarily on the pulse of the wrestling world, and I don't really know much about what VKM does over at TNA, because I don't know what anyone does over at TNA (other than one of them ladies is gonna be in Playboy soon.) It's at these times I think we should consult the wrestling fans, i.e. the people who've commented on this YouTube video.

kentJones chimed in two years ago with "LMFAO," which means "laughing my flippin' arse off" in internet language. Seems like a good start. These guys might have something. I didn't LMFAO, but I chuckled. Close enough.

XScarredHeart picks up on the futility displayed in the video when he/she says "He's shouting at a machine. XD" That's so true, XSH. He is shouting at a machine, which is a silly, silly thing to do. And yet, I'm sure I've done it at some point too, making me feel ridiculous seeing my life mirrored in these two. And that little emoticon displaying bewildered exuberance? So true, too.

DisturbedEwok thinks: "I love these skits. Billy and Road Dogg piss all over DX"

Hmm, that's interesting you bring up DX, because I was just thinking about them. I wonder what made me do that. Was it the GPS thing? Nah...I don't remember them doing a skit with that. A Chevy Impala? Not really. Too gangsta for DX. Was it the suggestion they use a tank to invade the other company? I don't think it's that either.

Oh wait, it was.

Originality is TNA's strong suit, after all!


Matt's video to Adam- Matt Cappotelli talks about Bob Holly, Tough Enough, WWE, and more...



Here’s what I don’t get. There’s no way this video is current. Now granted, we don’t run current videos here, but this was uploaded back on Feb 22, 2009. Just a few months ago. Why? This isn’t worth remembering. Sure, it’s promoting something, but something that would have happened years ago. How do I know this? For a few reasons:


1) Matt Cappotelli is labeled as a WWE wrestler and Tough Enough winner. One’s true and one’s technically true. But Tough Enough hasn’t been around for about three years now. Plus, Cappotelli won this in 2003. So why is it still a relevant accomplishment? I bet most wrestling fans don’t even remember it.

2) Let’s go ahead and assume this is current. That this was filmed a few days before the posting date. Well then it’s a lie, because MATT CAPPOTELLI wasn’t a WWE wrestler at the time. He was released from his developmental contract on January 4th, 2009.

3) Need more proof that this isn’t current? In 2007 he had a brain tumor, pretty much derailing his wrestling career. Now sure, it was successfully removed, and ostensibly, he could have resumed his career two years later, but it’s not the point!


Side note: Cappotelli was a bit of anti-Jeff Farmer because Hardcore Holly worked him a little stiff. So you know what I say about his brain tumor? This.

So yes, the description does state “fresh off his Tough Enough III” win, meaning this video is a bit older, but then I reiterate my point; Why was this posted recently?. It’s about an indy show in Rochester. Nothing remotely memorable.


Also, they interview the man about an interview he did on a radio show he’s a regular on.


About said interview: I know it’s radio, but why are you wearing gloves? Indoors in Rochester can’t be that cold. Still, it’s not all bad. There’s a delightful little minx in the background who is Rochester pretty. Also, we get to hear some great anecdotes about Matt’s favorite trainer and…zzzzzzzzzzzzz.




Oh, and Cappotelli is wearing a stupid Yahoo! logo shirt (further dating this thing). And has a really stupid hair cut. And speaks like a dullard. Honestly, if this was before 2007 I can totally see the tumor at work.


No comments: