Wednesday, April 29, 2009

W.W.W. featuring Bam Bam Bigelow and Warrior

On Wednesdays, we here at LOL, Wresslin' like to really pull out the stops and offer up a double shot of righteously killer content. Why Wednesday? Well, we could impress you with market research, work habit studies, and human psychology tendencies to show you there's a scientific reason the middle of the week is the best time to bring your A-game. However, truth be told, we don't have any of that stuff and settled on Wednesday because that was the only day that didn't have any content scheduled.

So, here you have "Watch Wresslin' Wednesdays." Please feel free to suggest a better title, because we are woefully uncreative when it comes to naming stuff.



Better at naming stuff then us

The idea of W.W.W. is we each send the other a video that is related to wrestling (a match, promo, interview, guest starring spot, etc.). The only restriction is that it cannot be user-created, so your Welsh love letter/vlog to CM Punk's junk ain't going to fly here, pal. Neither of us know what kind of video we're going to get that day.

After viewing, we each write a response. This could be anything we choose: a straight commentary, a philosophical enlightenment, or classless ridicule. Just as we don't know what kind of video the other will select, neither do we know what the other will write or how they will write it. What you end up with is a mash-up of styles, which in our book equates to two-blogs-in-one, and we can take the rest of the day off.

Adam's video to Matt - Bam Bam Bigelow debuts in WCW



Matt's response...

How little did WCW care about what was happening in the ring? There's a match going on! Can't this wait until the match is over?

Apparently not, because Bam Bam Bigelow is clearly a loose cannon. "The most dominant force in professional wrestling," as we're informed. Oh, and our announcers also let us know that we've never seen anything like this before. Never has a professional wrestler ever come in unannounced. Truly history in the making.

Uh oh, now here comes Goldberg to answer Bigelow's challenge. And again, here's probably something else we've never seen before: two men being held apart by security.

Uh, no, that's not it...

Er, just wait a minute, I'll get it...

There we go!

Now things are getting even worse! Bisch wants to see J.J. Dillon backstage. I wonder what th--wait, is that Twins? Is Twins coming on? Screw this, that's a classic comedy!

Poor Bam Bam though. After such a strong intro, his career in WCW is barely a paragraph in his Wikipedia entry. Here's the highlights, if you can call them that:

  • Feuded with Goldberg
  • Moved to Hardcore division
  • Formed the Jersey Triad with DDP and Chris Kanyon
  • Lost a match to Mike Awesome

Bigelow's career was, unfortunately, not "too sweeeeeet."

Bam Bam's life after wrestling reads like a dictionary definition of Murphy's Law. He was divorced, and then sued for child support. He was burned over almost half his body while saving three kids from a fire. He disappeared to Florida. He was charged with endangering a child after reckless driving, and was then busted for having pot. He was in a motorcycle wreck, and would have faced murder charges if his girlfriend, who was riding with him, didn't recover from her injuries. Good grief.

From the looks of it, Randy "the Ram" had it better.


Then he died, the day after my birthday in 2007 (I promise I didn't wish for that, but that would have been weird). His last known words were, "At least I wasn't in Jersey."


Matt's video to Adam- Ultimate Warrior Private Workout Footage


Adam's response....

Dear Warrior,


I am your biggest fan. My mom tells me that you are a bad influence, but I think she's wrong. I tell her that you gorilla slammed Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 6 and the entire earth shook. What is bad about that? Anyway, as your biggest fan I have a few questions-
1) How'd you grow up to be so big and strong? My mom tells me that it's through homework and vegetables, but I said there is no public school in Parts Unknown! Also, is the One Warrior Nation the main political party in Parts Unknown? I looked it up in my social studies class, but since it's unknown there wasn't any information.

2) What is your favorite college basketball team? I suppose Parts Unknown isn't D1, because you wear your Arizona shirt a lot.


3) What's your stance on gay marraige? (Hahah..how did I hyperlink a child's letter? LOLZ)
4) How many grunts and snarls should I do to improve my bench?
Thank you in advance for your response. I have taken the streamers off my bicycle and tied them to my arms, just so can I be more like you! I have included a picture of us being friends. Maybe you could do the same?



Your fan,


Warrior

No comments: